Golden Milk Latte!
So much chaos in the world….what do you do?
Have a hot cup of
Golden Milk Tumeric Latte or Golden Honey Milk
Golden Milk is a mixture of warm milk (I use coconut), turmeric, and ginger and cinnamon. The turmeric is the key -just be careful as it stains! Turmeric because of its curcumin content is known to:
- fights inflammation
- acts as an antioxidant
- detoxifies the liver
- helpful in relieving arthritis symptoms
- boosts brain function (boy do I need that!)
- relieves night-time coughing (REALLY need this!)
Simmer the milk and spices and then add honey at the end. It will help you sleep faster if taken at night!
OR you can make it with COFFEE for a great morning pickpick-me-up.
- turmeric, cinnamon & ginger
- instant coffee powder (or brewed coffee)
In a small saucepan, heat 1c milk, ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric
(about 1tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp ginger/cinnamon).
Bring to a slight boil and then reduce temperature and simmer for 3 minutes.
Strain into a glass measuring cup and add the honey. Stir to combine. – If you want a LATTE – then either add a tsp of instant coffee – or split it with brewed coffee.
- ** not a doctor…just saying what works for me! **